Wednesday, September 28, 2011

More fun with books



Last weekend I had a serendipitous literature day.
On Friday I got a NY Times book section email. Neal Stephenson, author of Cryptonomicon, Snow Crash, etc., has a new book, "REAMDE." I checked the library web site and it had 54 reservations. For a 1000+ page book it won't be available for a year or two. So I went to B&N and bought a copy. Then, reading through the Washington Post National Book Festival section, I see the Neal is speaking and signing books on Sunday. I took the Orange Line Metro to the National Mall, met some book folks and had both the novel and my writing book signed. A good day.

I might look for one specific book at the library, but then I just browse. Came across Ice-T's book "Ice - A memoir of gangster life and redemption-from South Central to Hollywood." I like Ice-T. I liked his rap music and the hard core rock of Body Count. Maybe you don't like it. I'm not asking you.


No comments: